Learn How to Make Your Own (Classy) Swear Jar With Our Curse Word Coloring Pages
Dress up your family’s “Swear Jar” with one of our funny swear word coloring pages using these simple instructions.
Swear Jars can be a great way to encourage kids (and adults — we won't discriminate!) not to throw out F-bombs left and right. The idea is simple: Every family member has to put money in the jar every time they let a swear word slip out. This simple DIY will help you create a fun (and functional) decorative jar that will hopefully also discourage certain family members from swearing like a sailor.
What you’ll need:
- One of our swear word coloring pages, colored (Note: The design you choose will kind of dictate what size/shape your jar will need to be. But, remember you can always play with scale by color copying your design, and you can trim down the page like we did so you’re only using just one section of the design!)
- A straight-sided jar (Note: The straight sides will make it way easier to wrap with your design. We used this 22oz Flat-Lid Cylinder jar from Michaels)
- X-Acto Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (and/or a pair of scissors)
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
What to do:
1. Once you have your coloring page completed, you’ll need to trim it to fit your jar. You can wrap the whole jar in the design, or cut out a section of the design to use for the craft.
2. Coat the back of your design with mod podge and let dry. (This will prevent bubbling/puckering later.)
3. Once your coloring page is dry, it’s time to coat your jar with Mod Podge. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the section of the jar that will display your coloring page.
4. Next, carefully place your design. Once you have it in the right spot, hold it there for 20-30 seconds to set. Now let it dry completely before moving on to the next step.
5. Finish up by applying 2-3 coats of Mod Podge on the whole surface of the jar. Let dry completely, and start cursing (and collecting money!).